- Missions of Mercy Check the link to find the latest information for the upcoming project.
- Missions of Mercy There are also golf tournament fund raisers for this MOM program.
- Missions of Mercy Check the website for the next event.
- CDA Cares Free care often held at the Anaheim Convention Center. Contact Kevin Lewis Assistant Coordinator 916.554.4969 for details and dates.
- Care Harbor is an event -based project in Los Angeles that is “a destination for health and hope; a gateway to sustainable care.” The Mission “is to promote the health and well-being of underserved populations by creating new pathways to accessible, sustainable care. Communities that work together to provide all individuals with the opportunity to live healthy, productive lives.”
- COMOM Programs are held annually, Pueblo in 2017, and Greely Nov. 2-3, 2018
- Florida Mission of Mercy In 2016 the MOM program was held in Jacksonville and $2.5 million worth of services were provided. Check the website for information about the next program.
- St. Augustine, Good Samaritan Health Centers. The Wildflower Clinic is part of this Center. The mission of Good Samaritan Health Centers, Inc. is to advance the health and well-being of qualifying St. Johns County residents requiring medical and dental care. Our clinics seek to promote optimal health outcomes through direct patient services and individualized instruction in a caring, compassionate environment. Good Samaritan Health Centers, Inc. provides free medical and dental services and health education to St. Johns County residents who are uninsured and whose income falls at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Clinics operated by the Good Samaritan Health Centers are open to all regardless of race, gender, religion, or creed. For direct personal attention call the Volunteers Coordinator, Carol A. Bender, at 904-738-6523. She’ll be happy to help.
- Atlanta- The Ben Massell Dental Clinic The BMDC needs volunteer dentists in all specialties. We’re not asking for a huge commitment – just a half day each month. The Ben Massell Dental Clinic (BMDC) has provided the most advanced dental care available to Atlanta’s neediest patients for the past century. The clinic has come a long way since it began as a general health clinic more than 100 years ago. With 7,900 square feet, 16 operatories, including two hygiene rooms and the latest state-of-the-art technology in dental equipment, we serve thousands of patients each year, and demand is growing.
- Indiana MOM Indiana’s MOM program has been very successful. Check the website for details, dates, and location.
- IMOM The Iowa MOM program has been operating since 2008. Check the website for details and dates.
- Kansas Dental Charitable Foundation This foundation sponsors the Kansas MOM program as well as other charitable activities such as Donated Dental Services.
- Access Carroll County Westminster Maryland. This outstanding new facility’s mission is: “To champion health and provide quality integrated health services for low income residents of Carroll County, Maryland”. It’s operation is coordinated with U of Md Dental School to have students rotate through the the clinic under supervision.
- The Samuel D. Harris National Dental Museum in Baltimore is looking for volunteers to conduct tours of the museum. This is an opportunity to influence children in their career choices, to impact visitors’ understanding of cultural diversity and ethnic accomplishments, and to instill oral health as an important part of everall health. For as little as 3 hours a week, you can make a difference.The National Museum of Dentistry is open Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm, and closed on most major holidays.
- Mel Trotter Ministries Clinic Services, Grand Rapids. This ministry is part of a Christian-based community services project dating back to 1900. It functions around a 7 part program to support hungry, homeless, and hurting people of Grand Rapids. The program includes finding sources of Income, Education, Faith, Housing, Community Support, and Wholeness for those in need. Dental care is provided free (except lab work for prosthetics) for un and under-insured; and Healthy Michigan Plans are also accepted. (See also “Special Volunteer License” at Mich.gov/lara).
- The Michigan Foundation for Improving Oral Health is the link for the state’s MOM volunteers.
- Detroit: Care Harbor is using the the Los Angeles, California model for this program. Check the website for up-to-date information.
- The Minnesota Dental Association sponsors the MOM
- Camden, The Cathedral Kitchen is a non-profit soup kitchen that provides food and social services including health care for the needy in Camden, NJ: a city directly across the bridge from Philadelphia. Its dental clinic is open two days a week. For information about volunteering contact clinic director, Dr. Bob Leonetti at (856) 964-6771. There are also volunteer opportunities other than dentistry at the Kitchen. For more info, click on www.cathedralkitchen.org
- Pittsburgh Pittsburgh now has its own MOM.
- Rutland Free Clinic, Rutland, We provide medical services to the uninsured population. We also are fortunate to have a couple of dentists who volunteer to see a patient a week. We are very grateful for them but the need far outweighs our capacity. We are always looking for volunteers and provide the malpractice insurance as long as the license is current. We would love to chat with any possible volunteers.
- ADA International Volunteer Information This is an excellent site for information on over 100 international opportunities available to dentists. One can select a country, the type of program you’re interested in, and even religious affiliation if desired.
- Alliance For Smiles
- Belize Mission Project A Christian faith based medical/dental program that has been providing dental care in Belize since 1993. Also contact Dr. Frank Whipps at 618-532-1821.
- Cape Cares Volunteer in Honduras doing operative dentistry, extractions, and endo. -DJ
- Dental Mission Trips This site offers a database that allows users to search globally for faith-based volunteer opportunities.
- Great Shape! This organization runs a program in Jamaica called 1000 Smiles. It boasts being the largest international humanitarian dental project, and operates in conjunction with Sandals Resort.
- Hatian Health Foundation Jeremy Lowney, D.D.S., M.S., M.P.H. has been working in this impoverished country for 30 years. View his description of cholera and the events of 2010 in the video on the home page.
- Health Volunteers Overseas HVO is an organization that works within local communities mostly teaching about health rather than treating disease. Check out the photos to get a good feeling for the program. NH
- Med Arm in Arm Combine hard work with a safari in Swaziland through this organization based in California. They have also worked in Siberia. Contact them through the website.
- Remote Area Medical Remote Area Medical (RAM) originally provided care outside the US and now focuses primariy on needs within the US through both permanent and temporary facilities.
- Remote Area Medical Volunteer Registration System On line registration for upcoming volunteer opportunities across the USA.